cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Is there a way to determine which PlatformId is assigned to a node that is running a service?

rattmice
11-Garnet

Is there a way to determine which PlatformId is assigned to a node that is running a service?

Is there a way to determine which PlatformId is assigned to a node that is running a service?  In the logs you can see the Platform ID column indicating which node logged each log message and there is the GetPlatforms() service on the PlatformSubsystem but that only lists all of them and does indicate which node is running the code.

I'm needing to expand the solution provided by Desheng to provide more insight and understanding about when a ScheduledEvent occurs and the task is "submitted" on the singleton server and when it is invoked on the endpoint on some other node and mark it as "completed."  If there is some type of error with PostJSON() we won't know because that service is async.  I have implemented a mechanism to track the "submitted" tasks and then either delete them or mark them as complete when invoked on the endpoint but I'd like to also include which node (PlatformId) the endpoint is being executed on.  Is this possible?

@dxu 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Got it. I somehow thought the instance ID would be different

I would suggest creating a support ticket for this , as having that Platform ID in HA would be useful for logging purposes, as you said.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

In theory (=I did not test this), the PlatformID should be the InstanceID from the Licensing Subsystem (and for this you have GetInstanceID), if you did not define a PlatformID in the platform-settings.json. By default that's not set.

If you did define it, the internal PlatformID will be an aggregation between InstanceID and "PlatformID from platform-settings.json". Getting the PlatformID should be doable via an Extension.

I am not aware about an OOTB service that gets you the PlatformID as seen in the logs.

Thanks, Vladimir.  I don't know if this is a misconfiguration as I have zero visibility into how the customer has it setup and cannot see their helm charts and I suspect that platform-settings.json is not updated for each pod.  I did verify that the InstanceID is exactly same in the 2 nodes currently running so I can't use that as an ID.  I will push them to verify the configuration.

Got it. I somehow thought the instance ID would be different

I would suggest creating a support ticket for this , as having that Platform ID in HA would be useful for logging purposes, as you said.

Top Tags