cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Is there in ThingWorx a way to get the users from an active directory (ldap) directly created and synchronized?

ccertain
6-Contributor

Is there in ThingWorx a way to get the users from an active directory (ldap) directly created and synchronized?

Dear Colleagues,

Typically large customers use active directories (LDAP) to manage globally their users.

They have for example existing LDAP connections in place to PTC Windchill and Integrity in order to get the users synchronized from the LDAP to the PTC applications.

I did not find a way to do that in ThingWorx without the need to create manually the users?

Any ideas or feedback would be very appreciated

Thanks,

Christoph C.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
keriw
1-Newbie
(To:ccertain)

Christoph,

The extension does have a cost associated with it.  We are more than happy to demo the application for your customer, prior to buying so they understand the capabilities.

Thanks,

Keri

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
keriw
1-Newbie

Christoph,

We (Callisto Integration) have developed a marketplace application for automatically creating and synchronizing users within ThingWorx based on LDAP group membership.  If you would like more information about the application, please feel free to contact me at keri.wright@callistointegration.com.

Thanks,

Keri

ccertain
6-Contributor
(To:keriw)

Hi Keri!

I appreciate your answer. It seems we have now a solution for that This is a good news!

I have forwarded your email to my customer. Hope it is okay for you.

Thanks a lot!

Christoph

keriw
1-Newbie

Christoph,

Here is the link to request it, out in the marketplace and it has a brief overview of the functionality.

ThingWorx IoT Marketplace » Active Directory Integration

Thanks,

Keri

ccertain
6-Contributor

Keri,

could you please let me know how the customer can use this extension for a ThingWorx evaluation project?

Is it free of charge or does the customer need to buy the extension?

Thanks,

Christoph

keriw
1-Newbie

Christoph,

The extension does have a cost associated with it.  We are more than happy to demo the application for your customer, prior to buying so they understand the capabilities.

Thanks,

Keri

keriw
1-Newbie

Christoph,

If you wouldn't mind contacting me via email.  I'll be happy to provide you the extension for demo purposes.

Thanks,

Keri

ccertain
6-Contributor

Keri,

I am working with Alexander Martens in this context. He told me the extension will be provided for test purpose this afternoon so that I am okay now.

We let you know how it goes on.

Thanks,

Christoph

Top Tags