cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Issue in creating license for ThingWorx v8.4

svisveswaraiya
17-Peridot

Issue in creating license for ThingWorx v8.4

Hi,

I have upgraded to ThingWorx 8.4 but I am not able to generate License in ThingWorx_Platform. After restarting the tomcat along with Platform Setting.JSON file, Keystore password is generated but License Request File is not generated. I have attached the application log for your reference. How can I get through this and get successful license?

Please provide some help.

Thanks,

Shalini V.

11 REPLIES 11

There is no need for  new keystore password while upgrading ,the older jks and password will work .As per the logs your ThingWorx is up and running but it says -2019-03-06 17:18:00.610+0530 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicensingStateMachine] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Unable to fetch license file with device id d69def54-52f8-4e3b-be36-23554ccf864e .

You can try fetching license from licensing portal using above device id or you can check the device id by running the service "GetInstanceId" from LicensingSubsystem .

The above way is not a root cause for "why the licenserequest file is not getting generated " .But it should act as an workaround .For root cause possibility ,I think you should have proper write permission to ThingworxPlatform directory .

Thanks ,

Mukul Narang

Hi mnarang,

Thanks for your swift response. And I added the import config in PlatformSetting.JSON. 

{
"PlatformSettingsConfig": {
"AdministratorUserSettings": {
"InitialPassword": "admin@123"
},

"ExtensionPackageImportPolicy": {
"importEnabled": true,
"allowJarResources": true,
"allowJavascriptResources": true,
"allowCSSResources": true,
"allowJSONResources": true,
"allowWebAppResources": true,
"allowEntities": true,
"allowExtensibleEntities": true
}
},
"PersistenceProviderPackageConfigs": {
"PostgresPersistenceProviderPackage": {
"ConnectionInformation": {
"jdbcUrl": "jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5433/thingworx",
"password": "twadmin",
"username": "twadmin"
}
}
}
}

Should I add anything else with this? 

Thanks in advance.

Shalini V.

I followed your steps but the license did not rename as successful_license_capability_response.bin and also I have a doubt that the license after downloading and pasting it in platform directory should be renamed as license_capability_response.bin or license.bin?

Thanks,

Shalini V.

It should be license_capability_response.bin for ThingWorx 8.4 .

Thanks ,

Mukul Narang 

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:mnarang)

Hi @svisveswaraiya 

Is the license file being renamed?  If the file is being renamed to ignored_license_capability_response.bin and ThingWorx seems to be working ok, this tells us 2 things:

• The file is being read which is evidenced by the fact that it is being renamed
  • The entitlements have already been added to the trusted storage and the file contains no new entitlements, therefore the contents of the file are ignored

If this describes the scenario you are seeing, then there is nothing further needed.

The fact that the licenseRequestFile.txt is not getting generated is due to the fact that the trusted storage is being used.  Since the licensing model is the same for ThingWorx versions 8.1 and above, it was not necessary to generate a new license following your upgrade (unless needed for entitlement changes).

If this or one of the previous responses answered your question, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @svisveswaraiya- 

Please let us know if your licensing issue is resolved by marking one of the previous replies as the Accepted Solution.  If you are still having issues, please let us know and we will open a case on your behalf, for further troubleshooting.

Regards.

--Sharon

Hi slangley ,

The issue is still not resolved and after I deployed new license it shows validity to be 200 + days but in 2 days the license gets expired. Please help me in understanding What could be the possible issue?tab.png

Hi @svisveswaraiya 

I think it would be best at this point to create a case for this issue.  I will create the case on your behalf and we can communicate via the case until the issue is resolved.  At that point, I will post an update here with the solution.

Case coming shortly.

Regards.

--Sharon

Hi slangley,

Thanks a lot for your help.

Hi @svisveswaraiya

I sent you an email last week requesting information for opening the case.  I have not received a response so I am unable to move forward to assist you with this issue.

Please let me know if an issue is still pending or whether we can close this thread.

Regards.

--Sharon

Hi slangley ,

Thanks for getting back to me. I do not have a support log in permissions. So, our manager has raised a case in PTC and she is following it up.

Thanks,

Shalini V.

Top Tags