cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Issue with Thingworx 8.2 on Virtual Machine

Velkumar
18-Opal

Issue with Thingworx 8.2 on Virtual Machine

Hello all,

We have installed Thingworx 8.2 on Virtual Machine. Whenever restart our Host Machine or Virtual Machine our  device ID is changing. So Thingworx throwing error as "Unable to acquire twx_asst_adv, error message is Trusted storage hostid does not match syst".

Is there is any way to fix this issue?

We also tried to set our MAC address as static, still Thingworx throwing error.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Greetings @Velkumar,

Please download the license file with the device id generated in ThingWorx Platform folder from the license portal and place the license file in ThingWorx Platform folder.

Usually when we start the server, the application search for the license file. If it does not find the license file then it generates a new device id. If the license file is there, it will not generate the new device id.

If my response resolve your issue, please mark as Accepted Solution, for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

Thanks,

Himanshu

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
CRArko
17-Peridot
(To:Velkumar)

Hello, Velkumar.

Was this a new install of 8.2 or an upgrade or rehost? I have seen a report of a keystore issue causing this error in an upgraded system.

Let us know.

-- Craig A.

Hello Craig,

This is an Upgraded System from 8.0.8 to 8.2.

Greetings @Velkumar,

Please download the license file with the device id generated in ThingWorx Platform folder from the license portal and place the license file in ThingWorx Platform folder.

Usually when we start the server, the application search for the license file. If it does not find the license file then it generates a new device id. If the license file is there, it will not generate the new device id.

If my response resolve your issue, please mark as Accepted Solution, for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

Thanks,

Himanshu

Top Tags