cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

JavaScript code for ThingWorx widgets

kahmeng96
12-Amethyst

JavaScript code for ThingWorx widgets

May I know where I can find the JavaScript code (ide.js and runtime.js) for ThingWorx widgets?

The following path is what I am trying on my computer but to no avail as there are only images inside the widget folders. C:\Program Files (x86)\ThingWorxH2Trial-8.4.0-SNAPSHOT\tomcat\apache-tomcat-8.5.23\webapps\Thingworx\Common\thingworx\widgets

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:kahmeng96)

You may try installing older app version (8.1, for example), the code should be in that path.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
posipova
20-Turquoise

We are moving towards web-components, there will be Widgets SDK released in the near future.

kahmeng96
12-Amethyst
(To:posipova)

Thanks for the reply, but is there any way to retrieve the code of existing widgets?

posipova
20-Turquoise

You may try installing older app version (8.1, for example), the code should be in that path.
kahmeng96
12-Amethyst

I see, but I can't seem to find a download for older versions of ThingWorx online. I referred to this link https://community.ptc.com/t5/IoT-Tech-Tips/ThingWorx-8-3-What-s-new/td-p/553716 and tried to download ThingWorx version 8.3 but it says that my customer number is invalid as I am only a basic PTC user. Is there any other way I can download an older version of ThingWorx?

posipova
20-Turquoise

Unfortunately your download access is limited to your license/contract. You may try reaching out to your sales representative to see if there's anything they could do.
kahmeng96
12-Amethyst

Alright, thanks for all the help!

Top Tags