cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Kepware MQTT Client using SSL/TLS

BSUN_RO
7-Bedrock

Kepware MQTT Client using SSL/TLS

Hi there,

I have a mosquitto broker on a remote server and I want to connect to it through Kepware server. As far as I understand I need to add the client certificate and key to the Windows Certificate Store. Can you guide me where should I add the certificates? Thankyou!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BSUN_RO
7-Bedrock
(To:BSUN_RO)

I found the problem. In the Certificate Store -> Feature it was not selected MQTT Client.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@BSUN_RO 

Following article might help.

Regards,

Sachin Sharma

Hi @SachinSharma , thankyou for you time.

I have followed that tutorial before and I added also the client certificate. I think it is somehow working, though on the server I now get the following error: „SSL routines:ssl3_get_record:wrong version number”.

BSUN_RO
7-Bedrock

It was an invalid certificate, now I connected an IoT gateway to the server, but a channel MQTT Client doesn't want to connect to connect, it says: 'socket error', 'TCP/TLS connect failure'. Any idea why is that ?

BSUN_RO
7-Bedrock

In kepware I get 'socket error', 'TCP/TLS connect failure' but in mosquitto I get 'Client <unknown> disconnected: Protocol error.'

BSUN_RO
7-Bedrock

I found the problem. In the Certificate Store -> Feature it was not selected MQTT Client.

Top Tags