cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Kepware Simulation

pshashipreetham
17-Peridot

Kepware Simulation

I have the Kepware tags, but there is no data from tags, is there a way to generate Random data from the kepware software based on the tags, some kind of simulation?

@c_lowy can you help me out with this?

Shashi Preetham
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Following Worked for me:
There are a few different ways to achieve this in KEPServerEX. The easiest method is to use the Simulator Driver. Here are the steps you will want to follow to do this:

1. In the KEPServerEX configuration, create a new Channel

2. Select the Simulator Driver, and select Next through all other settings to keep them at default

3. Create a new Device

4. Select next through all settings, keeping the defaults

5. Create a new Tag

6. For the address, enter RAMP (5000, 0, 20, 1)

7. Launch the OPC Quick Client, and open the group <Channel>.<Device> that contains the tag you just created at this address:

<Channel>.<Device>.<Tag>

8. Observer the Ramp function addressing used will produce a value that cycles from 0 to 20, incrementing by 1, every 5000 ms.

Shashi Preetham

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Sometimes random data is not enough and you may want to go through realistic historical data.

For such use cases there is also the "Advanced Simulator" channel which allows to connect to data using ODBC (csv files can be used too) and traverse through all the records in a selected source / table.

This really helps for delivering demos / presenting solution, if you ask me

Hi @DmitryTsarev 

Can you tell me the procedure to use the Advance Simulator with CSV Files?

Thanks !!

Shashi Preetham

Following Worked for me:
There are a few different ways to achieve this in KEPServerEX. The easiest method is to use the Simulator Driver. Here are the steps you will want to follow to do this:

1. In the KEPServerEX configuration, create a new Channel

2. Select the Simulator Driver, and select Next through all other settings to keep them at default

3. Create a new Device

4. Select next through all settings, keeping the defaults

5. Create a new Tag

6. For the address, enter RAMP (5000, 0, 20, 1)

7. Launch the OPC Quick Client, and open the group <Channel>.<Device> that contains the tag you just created at this address:

<Channel>.<Device>.<Tag>

8. Observer the Ramp function addressing used will produce a value that cycles from 0 to 20, incrementing by 1, every 5000 ms.

Shashi Preetham
Top Tags