cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Kepware and Thingworx

DC_9669845
4-Participant

Kepware and Thingworx

Hi,

I am running Thingworx 9.0 and Kepware 6.9

I managed the connection between kepware and thingworx, but when I create the remote thing it seems disconnected to me, even though the industrial connections are connected.

checking the properties of the remote thing, the isConnected property has no value ... how do I solve it? and checking the AplitionLog it throws me the following messages:

Unable to send [uri = / Things / IIoT_Industrial_Server / Services / BulkLog /]: IoT_Industrial_Server entity does not exist or is not yet associated with a Thing runtime

error APIRequest Message: IoT_Industrial_Server entity does not exist or is not yet associated with a thing, sending ERROR ResponseMessage to caller!

thanks for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
anarwal
12-Amethyst
(To:DC_9669845)

Hi @DC_9669845 ,

It may be related to the app key permission . I suggest you to try with admin key.

Regarding the potentially unrelated Bulk Log error, the bulk log is related to sharing  event log. That error occurs when the entity hasn't had the xml update process completed as per the  article about app key permissions but it doesn’t necessarily relate to the symptom of connected industrial gateway but disconnected remote things.

Please have a look on the article

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS279741?&language=en&posno=2&q=app%20key%20permissions&sourc... 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
anarwal
12-Amethyst

Hi @DC_9669845 ,

It may be related to the app key permission . I suggest you to try with admin key.

Regarding the potentially unrelated Bulk Log error, the bulk log is related to sharing  event log. That error occurs when the entity hasn't had the xml update process completed as per the  article about app key permissions but it doesn’t necessarily relate to the symptom of connected industrial gateway but disconnected remote things.

Please have a look on the article

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS279741?&language=en&posno=2&q=app%20key%20permissions&sourc... 

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @DC_9669845.

If the previous response answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags