cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Kepware server Tag value is not updated in Thingworx

AE_9699465
6-Contributor

Kepware server Tag value is not updated in Thingworx

Hi team,

I just started using Thinkworx and I am trying to get all the tags from Kepware Server to a Thingworx Foundation. But Kepware tag value is not updated in Thingworx Foundation. When I refresh "Industrial Thing" in Thingworx, the value is not updated.

Kepware Server version: 6.9

Thingworx Foundation Version: 9  

I was referred to the following guidelines.

https://developer.thingworx.com/en/resources/learning-paths/connect-and-monitor-plant-equipment/connect-kepware-server-thingworx-guide/bind-industrial-tag

https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/How-do-I-simulate-random-tag-values-against-a-device-in-kepware/td-p/545582

In OPC Quick Client, Tag values are updated.

And one more thing. When I startup the Kepware server, it shows one info as "The specified account does not exist". I have attached the log details image file.

11 REPLIES 11

Hello @AE_9699465,

Can you check the logs on ThingWorx side for any issues with the connectivity. You can look into the ApplicationLog for any info.

Can you check the remote bindings in the manage bindings for the properties in the "Industrial Thing" ? You can redo the bindings or check the name of the tags.

Hope it helps,

Hi , 

I have checked logs in Thingworx. The following message is printed in the "ApplicationLog" file.

[L: ERROR] [O: c.t.w.p.APIProcessor] [I: ] [U: ExampleUser] [S: ] [P: ] [T: WSExecutionProcessor-14] Unable to dispatch [ uri = /Things/IndConn_Server1/Services/BulkLog/]: Entity IndConn_Server1 does not exist or is not yet associated with a Thing

[L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.w.p.WSExecutionInstance] [I: ] [U: ExampleUser] [S: ] [P: ] [T: WSExecutionProcessor-14] error executing APIRequest Message: Entity IndConn_Server1 does not exist or is not yet associated with a Thing, sending ERROR ResponseMessage to caller!

Hi , 

I have checked the ApplicationLog file. The following message is printed repeatedly.

Unable to dispatch [ uri = /Things/IndConn_Server1/Services/BulkLog/]: Entity IndConn_Server1 does not exist or is not yet associated with a Thing

error executing APIRequest Message: Entity IndConn_Server1 does not exist or is not yet associated with a Thing, sending ERROR ResponseMessage to caller!

Hi , 

How to configure remote bindings in the "Industrial Thing"?

odukiya
15-Moonstone
(To:AE_9699465)

Hello @AE_9699465 

Please refer following articles :

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS279741

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS279234

Please feel free to get back to us in case of further questions.

Thanks

Om Dukiya

AE_9699465
6-Contributor
(To:odukiya)

Hi, 

I followed the mentioned guidelines. But Thingworx industrial Thing status shown as "Disconnected" and  I noticed that the quality of my tags is unknown. I've tried reinitializing and restarting the Kepware server, but the quality remains unknown. ( Refer to the Screenshot)

have checked the Thingoworx ApplicationLog file. The following message is printed repeatedly.

Unable to dispatch [ uri = /Things/IndConn_Server1/Services/BulkLog/]: Entity IndConn_Server1 does not exist or is not yet associated with a Thing

error executing APIRequest Message: Entity IndConn_Server1 does not exist or is not yet associated with a Thing, sending ERROR ResponseMessage to caller!

I have attached the screenshot.

odukiya
15-Moonstone

Hello @AE_9699465 

Can you please check kepware logs once too (share the screenshot). Is your kepware connected to thingworx or you are facing some error there too. Do you have any other remote thing  (if yes Can you please check whether they are connected or not?)

If possible share the  detail application logs .

AE_9699465
6-Contributor

Hi ,

Kepware is connected with Thingworx. I have checked in Kepware log file . In that log is print as :

Connected to ThingWorx. | Platform = 127.0.0.1:8080/Thingworx/WS, Thing name = 'IndConn_Server1'.

Here I the attached the kepware log file.

I don't have any other remote thing. 

odukiya
15-Moonstone

Hello @AE_9699465 

Please create an Inbound rule for port 8080 (Thingworx port no.) in Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security settings on ThingWorx server to allow communication to this port.

Thanks

AE_9699465
6-Contributor

Hi , 

I have configured the Inbound rule in  Windows Defender Firewall. But the same issue still remains.

wcui
14-Alexandrite

Did you try Administrator Application Key as recommended by Workaround 1 of CS279741 ?

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS279741

Top Tags