cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Kepware store and forward feature

jensc
17-Peridot

Kepware store and forward feature

Hello,

If my understanding is correct, there should be a timestamp saved together with the value if kepware loses connection to thingworx.

Is there any documentation existing around this?

Especially important for us is how we can get this timestamp and use it together with the value.

Any help around this would be much appreciated.

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:jensc)

Correct, Kepware will retain VTQ (Value Time Quality) for each value recorded and will transmit data as such. Applies to real time and store forward

If you need the timestamp for each record, I recommend you set the properties to logged and associate a valuestream.

Using 'GetPropertyValuesVTQ' will only get you current and previous but not historical, for that you need to log them and then you can pull those from the value stream using the QueryPropertyHistory queries.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

You can refer this post, similar query has been answered there. 

Regards,

Sachin

Hello @SachinSharma ,

I wonder if @PaiChung  with VTQ means that these values get the stored data?

jensc_0-1671032350918.png

So that when the connection is restored and we are listening to the data change of some kepware binding, we will get for each value stored also a timestamp and a quality string?

"But from what I remember, the store forward retains the timestamp and writes VTQ which means that records in the valuestream have a timestamp that was given, not based on arrival.

IE if value was read from device at 12:01 and transmitted at 1:01 the VTQ will still carry 12:01"

To me it makes it sounds like this.

However, the links that PaiChung links does not really provide a clear answer.

We might end up contacting the PTC support for this but I thought it would be best to check here first.

So if any new information has come to light on this matter please get in touch.

Regards,

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:jensc)

Correct, Kepware will retain VTQ (Value Time Quality) for each value recorded and will transmit data as such. Applies to real time and store forward

If you need the timestamp for each record, I recommend you set the properties to logged and associate a valuestream.

Using 'GetPropertyValuesVTQ' will only get you current and previous but not historical, for that you need to log them and then you can pull those from the value stream using the QueryPropertyHistory queries.

jensc
17-Peridot
(To:PaiChung)

Great,

I will let my colleagues know and if we can't get it to work we will open a support ticket.

Thanks!

Top Tags