cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

LabelChart: If number of x-axis labels higher then a number then the chart decide to show only few based on specific order during the rendering of the chart. Let me know if there is a way to force the labelchart to show all the labels in x-axis.

hrastogi
1-Newbie

LabelChart: If number of x-axis labels higher then a number then the chart decide to show only few based on specific order during the rendering of the chart. Let me know if there is a way to force the labelchart to show all the labels in x-axis.

I am trying to create a labelchart with discreet x-axis labels. It is very important show each label, but the labelchart only show few based on specific order during the rendering of the chart. Let me know if there is a way to force the labelchart to show all the labels in x-axis.

NOTE: I want to show discreet 24 labels.

Regards,

Hemant

7 REPLIES 7
ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:hrastogi)

Hi Hemant Rastogi​,

Have you tried to increase the size of the chart so that it covers more space on the screen. Does the number of labels increase in that case?

Ankit,

Thanks for the reply. You point is right, if I increase the chart size to a specific size, I can see all the labels on the x-axis.

But, in my case, I do not have that luxury, I have to keep that chart size to specific size and show all the labels.

Let me know if you know how to extend the default labelchart to meet my custom requirements.

Regards,

Hemant

posipova
20-Turquoise

Hemant,

Unfortunately at this point, the only route to go is custom extensibility, You may modify the existing widget (but please remember to make a backup copy first) to fit your requirements. I'm attachign some documentation that would help the development process.

Thanks Polina,

I have not extend a widget for Thingworx. It you have a document that provide information on how to customize a widget and deploy it.

Please share  with me. I will try out.

Regards,

Hemant

posipova
20-Turquoise

I've attached the documents in my reply above - pelase let me know if you are able to access  them. Screenshot:

Polina,

Thanks again. I am able to see the screen shot, but I am not able to see a link or something else through which I can download the docs you have attached.

Here is the information I see:

If you need my email to send the information please let me know.

Regards,

Hemant

posipova
20-Turquoise

Very strange! Please do share your email (you may do it through a direct message if you'd like) and I will send the documents.

Top Tags