cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

License error with Thingworx 8.4 on a AWS Docker

gch
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst

License error with Thingworx 8.4 on a AWS Docker

Hi,

I have a Thingworx 8.4 installation running in a Docker on AWS, I tried to use my user/password to license it but it is not working. Is there any way or command to check the license server connection?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rjanardan
16-Pearl
(To:gch)

In another community post this error occurred because the account had many entitlements which was resulting in a timeout. Could you please open a support ticket?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
rjanardan
16-Pearl

Do you have internet access from your instance? If no, you may use the disconnected mode to install license. Refer Disconnected Mode section in this article.

If connection to license server is not working then in application log you will see an error as Unable to retrieve license from FNO server because ..

gch
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst
(To:rjanardan)

Yes we have internet access and the disconnected mode is not a solution for the moment because the device id will change when rebuilding the image.

rjanardan
16-Pearl

What error do you see in application log?

gch
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst
(To:rjanardan)

I get the following error:

Unable to retrieve license from FNO server because Read timed out

Unable to connect to the PTC license server. Please make sure the LicensingConnectionSettings settings in the platform-settings.json in the ThingworxPlatform directory are correct. If your server is not connected to the internet please use the request file licenseRequestFile.txt created in the ThingworxPlatform directory to do a manual install of the license

rjanardan
16-Pearl

In another community post this error occurred because the account had many entitlements which was resulting in a timeout. Could you please open a support ticket?

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @gch.

You can manually generate the license from the License Management portal.  Refer to this article for more information and for steps to apply the new license.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags