cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

License file in Thingworx 9.1

vi1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone

License file in Thingworx 9.1

Hello,

I have installed Thingworx 9.1 with Postgre SQL using Thingworx Foundation installer on last week. Installation was done successfully and license also applied. Today I have observed 2 license files.

ignored_license_capability_response.bin,successful_license_capability_response.bin. Why it is generated 2 license files. Please refer the attached screenshot. This is first time used Foundation installer on fresh system.

Thingworx license file in 9.1.png

Regards,

Latha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:vi1)

Hi @vi1.

It appears that your first attempt to apply the license failed.  Two days later, it was successful. 

You can safely remove the file called ignored_license_capability_response.bin.  It's best to never have more than one *.bin file in ThingworxPlatform.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @vi1.

It appears that your first attempt to apply the license failed.  Two days later, it was successful. 

You can safely remove the file called ignored_license_capability_response.bin.  It's best to never have more than one *.bin file in ThingworxPlatform.

Regards.

--Sharon

vi1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone
(To:slangley)

Thanks you for response.

First time it was successful. After that, It was generated ignored one file and successful one file.

I have confusion do I need to go with foundation installer or manual installation? Till Thingworx 8.5 including HA configuration, we have followed manual installation and generated license key manually in all dev and production environment.

Regards,

Latha

@vi 

You can use foundation installer, there should not be any issue. If the license file does not get generated automatically(connected mode), you can always generate a file manually(disconnected mode). Refer this article for licensing thingworx.

Regards,

Sachin

vi1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone
(To:SachinSharma)

Thank you for clarification.

I will go with Thingworx Foundation installer in all DEV and Prod environment.

Regards,

Vidyullatha

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @vi1.

If you feel your question has been answered, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

vi1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone

Hi,

Still observing 2 license files generation one is with ignored and another one is with "successful" after deleting one is with ignored file generated earlier.

Regards,

Latha

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @vi1.

You can delete the one with "ignored" in the name.

Regards.

--Sharon

vi1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone

Hi,

I have deleted ignored one. I will observe next 1 week. If observe same issue, will raise support ticket.

Regards,

Latha

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @vi1.

If you feel your question has been answered, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others in the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags