cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

License update gives error

xotzHelper
11-Garnet

License update gives error

Hi, updating license in disconnected is giving me this error.

Unable to acquire twx_asst_adv, error message is Requested feature was not found.

Help please is urgent !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:xotzHelper)

Hi @xotzHelper.

From reading through one of the cases you provided by private email, it appears the license was being generated with an incorrect Device ID.  Once the license was generated with the correct Device ID, this problem was resolved.

For the sake of others on the community, the Device ID can be obtained this way:

1. Browse to Subsystems > Licensing Subsystem
  2. Select Services
  3. Execute the GetInstanceID service

The Device ID is also written to the ApplicationLog.log located in \ThingworxPlatform following a restart of Tomcat (while the subsystems are being loaded).

If you agree this was the solution to your issue, please mark this post as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others in the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @xotzHelper.

I have checked your entitlements and see that you are entitled to the asset advisor feature.  To begin an investigation of the issue, you need to check the ApplicationLog.log located in ThingworxStorage\logs.

However, for an issue such as this, I recommend a case be opened.  I will be happy to open one on your behalf.

Regards.

--Sharon

Hi, thank you for the response, i already open a case. Just have one more question, apparently my license is a dev license and i'm being ask to give the SON, but don't have access to it. why do i need it  and where i can find it?

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @xotzHelper.

What makes you think you have a "dev" license?  Please forward your license by private message so I can take a look at it.  Also, please provide the case number by private message so I can follow up.

You are probably being asked to provide the SON because your company has many.  The individual with your company that approved/signed the ThingWorx contract would have this information, but you can also go to the License Management portal to find this information (assuming you have the right permissions).  Under License Actions in the blue banner, select Advanced Search.  Click the Lookup button next to Sales Order Number (SON). Click the desired Sales Order Numbers, then click Use Selected Items.  Then click Search to display the details of each Sales Order.

Once I have your case number, I will follow up and provide further assistance if needed.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @xotzHelper.

From reading through one of the cases you provided by private email, it appears the license was being generated with an incorrect Device ID.  Once the license was generated with the correct Device ID, this problem was resolved.

For the sake of others on the community, the Device ID can be obtained this way:

1. Browse to Subsystems > Licensing Subsystem
  2. Select Services
  3. Execute the GetInstanceID service

The Device ID is also written to the ApplicationLog.log located in \ThingworxPlatform following a restart of Tomcat (while the subsystems are being loaded).

If you agree this was the solution to your issue, please mark this post as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others in the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags