cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

License upgradation

SriH
8-Gravel

License upgradation

Hi,

We have installed a demo application, which comes with bundled packages. The startThingworx.bat needs to be runned to start the thingworx instance containing the demo application.

Currently the instance license is getting expired and we downloaded the license file and replaced it in place of existing license.bin.

Ran AcquireLicense in LicenseAndSubsystems and we are getting the output as  : [object ProgressEvent] and the istance is not running. I even tried renaming the licence file to  license_capability_response.bin, but its not working.

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SriH
8-Gravel
(To:slangley)

Hi Sharon,

Ya, I took care of those points.

Actually there was an another thingworx instance running on its own Apache tomcat server on the same system. This was creating a problem during license upgraded.   

Regards,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:SriH)

"Transition from ThingWorx Trial Version to Production": https://developer.thingworx.com/resources/guides/trial-to-production-transition 

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:SriH)

Hi @SriH.

When you replaced the existing license.bin file, did you rename it to license_capability_response.bin?  Also, do you have any other .bin files in \ThingworxPlatform?  If so, those need to be removed.

Regards.

--Sharon

SriH
8-Gravel
(To:slangley)

Hi Sharon,

Ya, I took care of those points.

Actually there was an another thingworx instance running on its own Apache tomcat server on the same system. This was creating a problem during license upgraded.   

Regards,

Top Tags