cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Line Chart X Axis Ticks Background

pshashipreetham
17-Peridot

Line Chart X Axis Ticks Background

Hi,

Can we change the background colour of the line chart X-axis ticks based on the Data in a column?

Thanks,

Shashi Preetham,
Email: psp316r@outlook.com,
Mobile: +91 8099838001.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Thanks for the input, @PEHOWE , I had a word with the user and went around with WorkAround.

I have used StateDefinitions in the Line Chart:

1. Create a State definition with the Condition
  2. Assign it to the Line Chart
  3. Then, pass the X-Axis Label Value to the property that gets created when a StateDefinition is added to line chart.
  4. In My Case, the Property was DataSeriesStyle_Yes
  5. Once the Property Value is added then the Pointer on the Line chart color changes based on the StateDefinition

Thanks,

Shashi Preetham,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@pshashipreetham , I took a quick look at a mashup I had with a legacy Chart widget. There did not seem to be an identifier for the tick mark on the x Axis.  

If you want to change all the tick marks that might be possible. If you are looking to set each one based on some other value I don't see a way.

If you can provide the ThingWorx version you are looking to use and the widget name you might get a better answer. 
Also provide the use case where this feature would provide a better value to the user.

Hi,

Thanks for the input, @PEHOWE , I had a word with the user and went around with WorkAround.

I have used StateDefinitions in the Line Chart:

1. Create a State definition with the Condition
  2. Assign it to the Line Chart
  3. Then, pass the X-Axis Label Value to the property that gets created when a StateDefinition is added to line chart.
  4. In My Case, the Property was DataSeriesStyle_Yes
  5. Once the Property Value is added then the Pointer on the Line chart color changes based on the StateDefinition

Thanks,

Shashi Preetham,
Top Tags