cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

List Item to Time-Series chart

ketanaga
13-Aquamarine

List Item to Time-Series chart

Hi All

I have a list of items in my mashup and a Time-Series Chart, i wish to achieve the following use-case

On selecting an option from the list, the chart should change values accordingly. For eg If there are 3 list items in a list, for every item there should a time series chart and upon selecting that option, chart corresponding to that list item should display

Same use-case I would want to achieve with a Progress Gauge

Regards

Ketan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Ketan,

Depending further on your use case you can have something like a List Widget to allow your end user to make the desired selection (e.g. selecting option A, B or C). A service will be needed to feed the options into the List Widget in this case. You could then bind the Selected Row parameter of the option from the List to an input parameter on the data service that is feeding data into the Time Series Chart. Additionally to ensure the data in the Time Series Chart updates every time a user changes a selection in the List Widget you would want to bind the SelectedRowChanged action of the List service to the data service of the Time Series Chart.

I hope this makes sense and is sort of what you are looking for. If you are still unclear I could look into generating a simple example.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Hello Ketan,

Depending further on your use case you can have something like a List Widget to allow your end user to make the desired selection (e.g. selecting option A, B or C). A service will be needed to feed the options into the List Widget in this case. You could then bind the Selected Row parameter of the option from the List to an input parameter on the data service that is feeding data into the Time Series Chart. Additionally to ensure the data in the Time Series Chart updates every time a user changes a selection in the List Widget you would want to bind the SelectedRowChanged action of the List service to the data service of the Time Series Chart.

I hope this makes sense and is sort of what you are looking for. If you are still unclear I could look into generating a simple example.

ketanaga
13-Aquamarine
(To:tmisner)

Hi

I am clear about the approach, I did the same in my mashup but was not able to achieve the same. 

If you could help with a small example it would be highly appreciated

Regards

Hello again,

Please find a very simple example attached. The Mashup to view the bindings and the Time Series Chart data is called ChartDataChange.

Hopefully this helps.

ketanaga
13-Aquamarine

Hi

Thankyou for the examply. But is it a valid mashup because I am not able to import it in my Thingworx Composer

Regards

Hello,

I just tested importing this into another one of my systems and I will able to import it successfully. Can you confirm the version of ThingWorx you are using? This example is from 8.5 using updated Widgets. Perhaps this is the issue.

Can you provide the error from the ApplicationLog to review?

ketanaga
13-Aquamarine

Hi

We are using 8.3.3 at present and under ApplicationLogs it only gives the ServiceDefinition option

regards

Okay. I will work on a new example for older versions of ThingWorx.

Hello,

Please find two files in the attached zip. One has the generated data for the Chart and the other are the necessary entities including the Mashup. This was generated using legacy Widgets in ThingWorx 8.4 and should work with your 8.3.3 instance.

Ensure that the entities are imported prior to the data.

ketanaga
13-Aquamarine

Hi

Thankyou for the help I will import the files and get reference

Regards

Ketan

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:ketanaga)

Hi @ketanaga.

If one of the previous responses answered your question, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags