cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

List Widget - View is Missing in 9.3.x

pshashipreetham
17-Peridot

List Widget - View is Missing in 9.3.x

Hi,

Was migrating the dashboard from 8.4.x to 9.3.x, when migrating the List Widget, can't see View property of List which is present in the 8.4.x version was missing in the 9.3.x..

Below is the picture of the Legacy widget property which is missing in the 9.3.x..

Shashi_Preetham_0-1662401698410.png

How can view property can be configured in the 9.3.x ?

Thanks,

Shashi Preetham
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @wcui ,

Worked with a Technical Support and they raised this Article - CS377215 - Unable to have a radio button list in ptcs-list widget in ThingWorx, but this can be only done in the 9.3.4 version; Thingworx Version used by us is 9.3.0, as per the Technical support this can't be done in the 9.3.0, can you help me out here?

As per the use case, need Radio Buttons in the PTC List Widget in Thingworx 9.3.0

Thanks,

Shashi Preetham

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
wcui
14-Alexandrite
(To:pshashipreetham)

The List widget of TW8.4 is displayed as legacy List widget on TW9.x (lower one in below picture).

For TW9.x we supply a new Standard List Widget with which view property is not available (upper one in below picture). 

wcui_0-1663038073368.png

You can keep using legacy List on TW9.x but as named this leggacy widget is planned to be deprecated in future.

Except Standard List Widget, we also supply Standard Dropdown Widget.

wcui_1-1663040295432.png

If you have any operations issues with standard widgets, please let us know.

hey @wcui ,

My question was, why View property of List which is present in the 8.4.x version was missing in the 9.3.x for the new Standard Widget and what is alternative for it !

Thanks,

Shashi Preetham
wcui
14-Alexandrite

@pshashipreetham  

>>why View property of List which is present in the 8.4.x version was missing in the 9.3.x for the new Standard Widget 

View property of List widget is NOT missing in 9.3.x. The List widget in 8.4 is renamed as Legacy List widget in 9.3.x so if you use legacy list you can still use that property.

Actually when you first time opened mashup after upgarde to TW 9.3.x, there should be a popup asking if you want to change legacy widgets to standard widgets or not.

- If you chose yes, the original 8.4 list widiget will be replaced to standard List widget(no view property)

- If you chose no, the original 8.4 list widiget will be kept but renamed as legacy List widget

I think you selected yes, that's why you cannot see view property now.

>>what is alternative for it !

either keep using legacy List widget, or verify standard list wdiget meet requirements or not.

if you have questions about usage of standard widgets, I suggest opening tech support case for further support.

wcui
14-Alexandrite
(To:wcui)

@pshashipreetham If above comment help resovle the issue, could you please click "Accept as Solution" button?

Hi @wcui ,

Worked with a Technical Support and they raised this Article - CS377215 - Unable to have a radio button list in ptcs-list widget in ThingWorx, but this can be only done in the 9.3.4 version; Thingworx Version used by us is 9.3.0, as per the Technical support this can't be done in the 9.3.0, can you help me out here?

As per the use case, need Radio Buttons in the PTC List Widget in Thingworx 9.3.0

Thanks,

Shashi Preetham
wcui
14-Alexandrite

@pshashipreetham I am afraid upgrade 930 to 934 is the only workaround if you hope to use existing widget, in this way you only need to replace with 934 thingwrox.war and restart Tomcat. The other option is to develop your own list widget with ThingWorx Entension SDK, in this way the coding work will be out of support scope.

Top Tags