cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

List a User's, Group's, or Org's Permissions

Ascherer17
14-Alexandrite

List a User's, Group's, or Org's Permissions

Is there a simple way to gather a list of all permission that a specific User, User Group, or Organization (or Org Unit) has been granted?  By this I'm suggesting a Service that takes a user, group, or org as input and returns a list of the Run time permissions, Design time permissions, and Visibility permissions that have been granted to that entity.

The purpose of this service would be to quickly see everything a user has access to without having to manually check every entity.  This could also help diagnosing issues with permissions.

One idea to accomplish this is to loop through all entities on the platform, run the "Get permissions for user/group/org" services against each one, and return the list of all permissions.  I know this isn't impossible, but it also doesn't seem efficient.  However, I can't think of any other way to do this. 

Ideas or insight?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:Ascherer17)

There is a bit more expanded capability of this now within Composer, not sure if you've seen the new services and section in security.

Beyond that there isn't anything right now, mostly it will be iteration through entities.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

There is a bit more expanded capability of this now within Composer, not sure if you've seen the new services and section in security.

Beyond that there isn't anything right now, mostly it will be iteration through entities.

Ascherer17
14-Alexandrite
(To:PaiChung)

I guess I should have mentioned I am running Thingworx version 8.4.  

Are these new features in 9.0 or were they also included in 8.5?

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

They are already in 8.5 and more expanded I believe in 9.0

Top Tags