cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

MQTT Configuration Issue

Saranya_S
11-Garnet

MQTT Configuration Issue

Hi ,

There is a problem in MQTT connection.It was randomly disconnected and when we click save button its connected automatically. Let me know what was the problem.Attached screen shots for reference.

14 REPLIES 14

Are you using the latest version of MQTT extension which is 2.1.2? If not, you will find this in the Software download page under Release 8.5 -> ThingWorx MQTT Extension. 

i'm using 2.1.0 version for MQTT. Let me know what  was the problem with this extension.

One issue which I remember is that IsConnected & LastConnection properties were not getting updated and the thing was being shown as disconnected although the actual properties were getting updated from the broker. The next version 2.1.1 and probably this one too had issue with connecting over SSL. So, it is recommended to use 2.1.2. 

So we need to configuration over SSL?

With 2.1.2 you may or may not use SSL as per your requirement. Both modes work just fine. 

With the version that you have, there are known issues as mentioned in my last post. 

Thank you for the updates.

Let me try the updated version. 

Updated version 2.1.2 for not available in PTC market place.

You will find this in the Software download page under Release 8.5 -> ThingWorx MQTT Extension. 

the updated version is not available for me.Attached screen shots for reference 

Saranya_S_0-1592902750034.png

It is no longer being posted in Marketplace but in PTC Software Download page, under Release 8.5 -> ThingWorx MQTT Extension

This Software Updates cant be access by basic account. is this need any special privileges ? Which type of account is accessed to this page 

You will need an account with support. I have sent you a private message.

Thanks for the update. Let me check with them 

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Saranya_S)

Hi @Saranya_S.

If one of the previous responses answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Thank you for your participation in our community!

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags