We are creating a system based on the MQTT protocol, which will be our main source of incoming data.
We are planning to connect various systems and devices through it and use it in independent projects on multiple environments. (i.e. DEV/QA/PROD).
The question is if we should stay with MQTT Extension. It looks like it has no user context at all, which is forcing us to use System user everywhere, where Entities are subscribed to changing data from MQTT. It is quite painful and I see quite a lot of room for security leaks.
After some research we found PAT with already implemented MQTT channel.
Questions from my side:
1. Is MQTT channel ready for production use?
2. Is sample MQTT codec sufficient and supported?
3. What is an effort to switch from Extension to codec beside new software mantainance?
4. How it is working comparing to the Extension in terms of a lot of topics (lets say tousands)?
5. Which one is better for the real production use?