cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Managing permisions and visibility Thinworx 8.5

LuisCabello
12-Amethyst

Managing permisions and visibility Thinworx 8.5

Hello everyone,

I am trying to manage visibility and permissions in Thingworx 8.5. The problem is that I want to set visibility and permissions on a certain mashup but when I go to that mashup and set the organization, when I then connect to the user who should see that mashup, he sees nothing (see the images).

This is a example of the mashupgauge.PNG

In that mashup I put the organization which contain the user who must have visibility of this mashup.

ejemplo.PNG

But when I log with the user, the user doesn't see anything. But If the same user is included in de default group SolutionCentralDevelopers in Thingworx 8.5, the user can see the mashup.

grupos.PNG

Is it necessary to include all users in SolutionCentralDevelopers to see mashups with users who are not administrators or system users or I've done something wrong? 

Thanks in advance,

Luis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
yhan
17-Peridot
(To:LuisCabello)

Hello @LuisCabello ,

Thank you for your reply~

If the user cannot see the mashup at all, he must don't have necessary permission of PlatformSubsystem. You can refer article https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS227181.

You can fulfill your business requirement by setting proper permissions of PlatformSubsystem to the user organization.

Thanks,

/Yoyo

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
yhan
17-Peridot

Hello @LuisCabello 

Do you mean the user could see the gauge mashup but cannot read the property value in it(like the first image you provided) if he is only the member of the organization? Or cannot see the guage at all?

Best Regards,

/Yoyo

LuisCabello
12-Amethyst
(To:yhan)

Hi @yhan ,

thank you for your help. No, this is a example mashup that doesn't have data. 

When I'm connect with the user, I see a blank screen. But if the user is in the group CentralSolutionDevelopers you will see the example mashup.

I only want to know if It's possible create a group of user with visibility on that mashup or if is it necesary to include users o user group into the default group CentralSolutionDevelopers for to have visibility?

If the response is that I dont need to include the user in the default group CentralSolutionDevelopers How can I see the mashup with the user?

Thank you in advanced.

yhan
17-Peridot

Hello @LuisCabello ,

Thank you for your reply~

If the user cannot see the mashup at all, he must don't have necessary permission of PlatformSubsystem. You can refer article https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS227181.

You can fulfill your business requirement by setting proper permissions of PlatformSubsystem to the user organization.

Thanks,

/Yoyo

LuisCabello
12-Amethyst
(To:yhan)

Thank you @yhan ,

It works!

Top Tags