cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Mashup is not loaded 40 % of the time

gch
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst

Mashup is not loaded 40 % of the time

When I open my mashup in chrome, it is not loaded correctly 40 % of the time, see the screenshots. I do not get any error in the logs. I'm using Thingworx 8.5. Does anybody know how to solve that problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
wposner-2
12-Amethyst
(To:gch)

There was a bug in 8.5 that was causing mashups to not load.  If you look in your chrome dev tools you'll probably see a javascript error.  If you search the PTC support site for the error in your console you'll find a ticket related to the error.  PTC's suggestion was to modify extension code.  Unfortunately, the suggested modifications are just about useless.  The only real fix for this issue is to upgrade to a newer version of 8.5

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
raluca_edu
17-Peridot

Hi,

Maybe there are some performance issue there.

1. In other browsers, issue is the same?

2. How much memory has Tomcat?

3. Do you know to use Chrome Dev Tools to troubleshoot mashup?

4. Can you upload please Application.log?

Thanks,

Raluca Edu

gch
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst
(To:raluca_edu)

Hi Raluca,

1 - Yes other brothers are impacted

2 - default settings. Where can I find it? For the installation I used ThingWorxFoundationPostgres-8.5.0-x64.exe, so that Start>All Programs>Apache Tomcat>Configure Tomcat is not existing

3 - not in that case

4 - yes

rosharma
16-Pearl

try debugging the mashup through browser dev tool -- do f12 on browser while uploading the mashup(see in network tab)

through images it seems like mashup might be missing permissions on state definitions, style definitions, style themes etc --hence try providing permissions and see if that clears it off

but particularly try to find out the issue through f12 dev tools

wposner-2
12-Amethyst

There was a bug in 8.5 that was causing mashups to not load.  If you look in your chrome dev tools you'll probably see a javascript error.  If you search the PTC support site for the error in your console you'll find a ticket related to the error.  PTC's suggestion was to modify extension code.  Unfortunately, the suggested modifications are just about useless.  The only real fix for this issue is to upgrade to a newer version of 8.5

gch
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst
(To:wposner-2)

Hi All,

it seems that the error disappear with the upgrade to the release 8.5.3. Thanks for your help!

Hello @gch,

I would recommend upgrading to the latest 8.5.3 if possible, it's really much more stable in the mashups department. We had numerous intermittent issues with our mashups in 8.5.0, all of which went away once we upgraded to 8.5.1.

/ Constantine

Top Tags