cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Mashup parameter changed event

amittal-3
13-Aquamarine

Mashup parameter changed event

Hello,

I would like to know when/how does the Mashup Parameter's changed event is triggered? I have seen that whenever we add any mashup parameter, we also get the 'changed' event corresponding to that parameter. But I would like to know when is that event triggered, is it 'always' or on 'data/value change'. Like for parameters inside a thing we can configure the event by choosing the data change type as value, always, never etc., in similar way is there some way to configure mashup parameter's changed event?

I have a case similar to something as in https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/How-to-react-on-submashup-changes/td-p/517353 but not exactly using repeater.

Please let me know if some more inputs are needed from my side.

Regards

Aditya Mittal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

For String type of property, the Always and Value is actually the same.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

We don't find a place to set the threshold of the Mashup parameter, so I'll consider it as Always

amittal-3
13-Aquamarine
(To:zyuan1)

Hello,

The problem is, I am using mashup parameter changed event in my implementation, and sometimes the event triggers and sometimes not when the value of mashup parameter is same. However it always triggers when the value of mashup parameter is changed. So I am not sure what could be the reason of it not triggering on some occasions.

What's the datatype you used for the mashup parameter when "the event is triggered while the mashup value is the same" ?  Have you consider the precision of the value you used?

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

It only triggers when the value is different. (Special case if you are using an infotable it will only trigger if the number of rows changes not values within the infotable)

amittal-3
13-Aquamarine

I am using string as datatype for the mashup parameter. But if Pai mentions that event triggers only if value is changed, then maybe I have to rethink about the implementation.

Thanks for your support.

-Aditya

For String type of property, the Always and Value is actually the same.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @amittal-3.

If one of the previous responses answered your question, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags