cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Meaning of results in Predictive Analytics Thingworx

hujingrui
12-Amethyst

Meaning of results in Predictive Analytics Thingworx

I was trying out the example on Prescriptive analytics in thingworx. However, i am not familiar with the meaning of the result as shown. What is the meaning of originalScore and optimisedScore and why is it the same in this case.

How does this information translate into the results of prescriptive analytics which is to offer solution to the problems identified by predictive analytics.

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:hujingrui)

HI @hujingrui 

Prescriptive scoring attempt to modify some selected features from the dataset in order to optimize the goal.

Those selected features, called lever, are provided by the user when sending the scoring job.

So you do need to make sure you have provided some relevant lever - I can't tell from the screenshot if you filled in something or not. If no levers are provided no optimization can be done.

Then depending on the levers it is possible that the optimized score is the default score, because there is no better result while changing the lever values. 

It can be useful to read this page in the Help Center too: https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_analytics_8/#page/thingworx_analytics_8%2Ftwxa-thingoptimizer.html

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Christophe

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:hujingrui)

HI @hujingrui 

Prescriptive scoring attempt to modify some selected features from the dataset in order to optimize the goal.

Those selected features, called lever, are provided by the user when sending the scoring job.

So you do need to make sure you have provided some relevant lever - I can't tell from the screenshot if you filled in something or not. If no levers are provided no optimization can be done.

Then depending on the levers it is possible that the optimized score is the default score, because there is no better result while changing the lever values. 

It can be useful to read this page in the Help Center too: https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_analytics_8/#page/thingworx_analytics_8%2Ftwxa-thingoptimizer.html

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Christophe

Top Tags