cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Measure the Internet data consumption of KEPWARE

leokeinsfeld
13-Aquamarine

Measure the Internet data consumption of KEPWARE

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to measure the Internet data consumption of my KEPWARE to communicate with the Azure cloud.

I have a customer who does not provide his local Internet for KEPWARE operation (because of data security).

To make the sale of the project viable I gave the idea of using a mobile internet (3G / 4G) but I need to measure how much internet I will consume to buy the best data package.

If I can measure how much a TAG consumes on the internet I can multiply it by the total TAGs I have and get an idea of the total consumption.

Is there any way to know this?

My environment:

KEPServerEX 6.9 consumes data from a ControlLogix PLC (Rockwell Automation) and makes this data available to the Thingworx platform (version 8.5) installed on an Azure cloud.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:leokeinsfeld)

Don't have an exact answer for you, but you could put something like wireshark on the system temporarily and do a time snapshot to see how much you transfer in that time.

You could check the actual router to see if it provides any detailed throughput information.

There are probably other programs that help measure data transfer.

I believe Azure itself has some reporting/monitoring tools that show amount of incoming data as well

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Don't have an exact answer for you, but you could put something like wireshark on the system temporarily and do a time snapshot to see how much you transfer in that time.

You could check the actual router to see if it provides any detailed throughput information.

There are probably other programs that help measure data transfer.

I believe Azure itself has some reporting/monitoring tools that show amount of incoming data as well

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @leokeinsfeld.

If the previous response helped you to find a solution, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.  If you still have questions, please let us know.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags