cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Multi line status message

khayes1
13-Aquamarine

Multi line status message

Is is possible to generate a multi line message for the status message widget.

Looking to display a number of status messages i.e.

error 1

error 2

I have tried inserting the new line character (\n) but the widget still draws on a single line. If I output the same text to a text area widget it does display on multiple lines

Thanks in advance

K

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Not sure, how to tweak the status message but, as you mentioned it's showing multi-line in textArea, use that only as workaround.

some event will be triggering the status message and you are already passing some static/dynamic message right. Instead of passing it to status message, keep small popup with text area and bind the message which you want to display.

When event triggers show that message in the popup and you can also keep ok button to acknowledge the message, on click of 'Ok button' close mashup or keep some time and close mashup as a workaround.

If it fits your use case or okay with the UX. You can try this.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Not sure, how to tweak the status message but, as you mentioned it's showing multi-line in textArea, use that only as workaround.

some event will be triggering the status message and you are already passing some static/dynamic message right. Instead of passing it to status message, keep small popup with text area and bind the message which you want to display.

When event triggers show that message in the popup and you can also keep ok button to acknowledge the message, on click of 'Ok button' close mashup or keep some time and close mashup as a workaround.

If it fits your use case or okay with the UX. You can try this.

khayes1
13-Aquamarine
(To:abhiramk)

Hi,

thanks for the reply. I will keep it in mind as a good alternative thank you. I'll leave the ticket open for now in case someone knows a way to fix the original problem via the status message, if not then I'll close it.

Top Tags