cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Multi-tenancy Guidance

pbaierl
1-Newbie

Multi-tenancy Guidance

I need to control access to units based on organization and also level in the organization.  I saw the discussion Multiples organizations but same users which was helpful, but I was wondering if anyone could share some examples on how to setup this network of access.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sorry it's Everyone Organization, usually it's assigned at Collection level on a standard TW installation.

Sense nom.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Paul,

On our Multi-Tenancy solution we use one different Organization object for each Tenancy.

Best Regards,

Hi Carles,

I am trying to hide assets from different divisions of the same organization.

I am starting small.  I created a single organization with two sub units. 

I created two users and two things.

Thing1User and Thing2User

Thing1 and Thing2

I gave Thing1User visibility access to Thing1

I gave Thing2User visibility access to Thing2

I use the service getImplementingThings() to populate a grid.  I logged in as Thing1User. When the grid loads I can see both Thing1 and Thing2 even though Thing1User does not have visibility access to Thing2.

I was thinking that Thing2 wouldn't show up because Thing1User doesn't have visibility access to it.  Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?

Take care of Everybody special group, and remove from everywhere, it maybe what happens to you.

Sorry it's Everyone Organization, usually it's assigned at Collection level on a standard TW installation.

Sense nom.png

Hi Carles, this is what I was missing.  Thanks for the help!

Top Tags