cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Navigate - how to configure search to only return latest released objects

daraki
13-Aquamarine

Navigate - how to configure search to only return latest released objects

Hello,

I'm struggling to configure Navigate to only return latest released objects, and hoping someone here knows a solution. I'm using a Saved Search in Windchill with the following criteria:

Iteration = Latest

Revision = Latest

State = Released

Running this search in Windchill with input of "*TEST*" returns 4 files all latest released which is correct. The same search in Navigate however, results in 7 files including some (not all) older versions of the 4 files. Expectations are that I get the same search results when using the exact same input and Saved Search between Windchill and Navigate.

What's odd is that, if I run a search in Navigate without any wildcards, using the exact Number or Name, then I get the correct result, the latest released file. Seems like older versions are included in the search result when using a wildcard character and/or when there's more than one file that matches criteria. I have attached pptx file that shows the setup and other search options that didn't work.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
daraki
13-Aquamarine
(To:daraki)

I confirm the issue has been resolved with Windchill Extension 1.9.1, which did require an upgrade to Navigate 1.7.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
barko
16-Pearl

One thing that occurs to me is that wildcard searches in Windchill are handled differently than non-wildcard searches, so differences between the results of the two searches were to be expected. 

PreetiGupta
14-Alexandrite
(To:barko)

You can create your own custom search via REST. Or use Infoengine. I like the REST way.

daraki
13-Aquamarine
(To:PreetiGupta)

Hi Preeti,

Thanks for your reply. I'm very new to this so would like some insight on the custom REST search. My understanding is that I would create a Thing with a Service that utilizes REST APIs to perform the desired search. If this is correct, is it possible to use this Service in the existing Navigate Apps to get the desired search results, or would I have to re-create each App in order to utilize this Service? It seems like the OOTB Mashups, Things, and Services are not editable so the later would be the case.

PreetiGupta
14-Alexandrite

I created a PowerPoint last year on that posted on the community site. Please pm me if you do not find it.

thanks,

Preeti

daraki
13-Aquamarine
(To:PreetiGupta)

Hi Preeti,

Thanks for the documentation. I understand that I can create a custom search function using the REST API as you suggest, create a custom app, and then add it to Navigate. However, what I'm looking for is to change the search in all Navigate apps. The mashups for Navigate are not modifiable so even if I had a custom search service ready, I won't be able to hook it to the OOTB mashups.

Benedikt
10-Marble

But you know you can duplicate the landing pages and work with the duplicated once?

daraki
13-Aquamarine
(To:Benedikt)

Hi Benedikt,

Yes, I did think about that. My main concern was with the complexity of the CommonSearchAccessAppMashup - I am not confident enough to replace the search function when it has so many bindings to other services that I do not have access to. Another concern was that this manual effort may need to be repeated when a new version of Navigate is released.

Fortunately, the issue has been identified and a fix is scheduled. According to the support technician that has helped me, "this issue happens if the lifecycle of an object has been changed. It does not matter if it is a new one or just a new iteration of the existing one like in your case". The fix for this issue will come with the Windchill Extension 1.9.1 which is planned to be released on May 31, 2018.

Here's a link to the related article describing the issue - https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS283942

daraki
13-Aquamarine

I confirm the issue has been resolved with Windchill Extension 1.9.1, which did require an upgrade to Navigate 1.7.

barko
16-Pearl

I see this is the issue in Case C14075427. I think the PTC effort will be focused there, and when we find an answer we will post it here for the Community.

Top Tags