cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Not able to delete Thing with System Object error

TanmeyTWX
17-Peridot

Not able to delete Thing with System Object error

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to delete a Thing which is not a system object actually but whenever I try to delete it using "DeleteThing" service, getting error "cannot delete a system object"

Its XML configuration has tags as follows:

<aspect.isSystemObject="false" aspect.isExtension="true">

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi, this Workflows Thing is a system object, connecting TWX server to TWX flow (Synphony) introduced after 8.4. If you want to remove this entity, you need to uninstall the Flow first.

When you are trying to remove entities, you can always see warnings if you failed to do so.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jman87
14-Alexandrite
(To:TanmeyTWX)

Hi TanmeyTWX

can you try to restart tomcat and delete the thing again and check if it works or not?

Best Wishes!

Teresa

TanmeyTWX
17-Peridot
(To:jman87)

Hi Teresa,

If you meant "Delete" option in the UI itself then not possible. Because thing is already in a non-editable mode.

TanmeyTWX_0-1598600641370.png

Hello Tanmey,

Is this thing part of extension or created by you? Based on tags I can see the thing is part of an extension. If yes, then remove the exetnsion, restart tomcat and re import the extension, which may solve your issue.

If it's the thing created by you and no other entity is dependent on it, then take backup and then delete it from db.  Restart tomcat after this operation.

caution: This is not a suggested process from PTC. I did it manually, when my entities are corrupted and it worked for me.

I'm giving my suggestion but,  you have to do it  at your own risk.

Hi, this Workflows Thing is a system object, connecting TWX server to TWX flow (Synphony) introduced after 8.4. If you want to remove this entity, you need to uninstall the Flow first.

When you are trying to remove entities, you can always see warnings if you failed to do so.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:TanmeyTWX)

Hi @TanmeyTWX.

If you feel your question has been answered, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Thank you for your participation in our community!

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags