cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Not able to start Tomcat

Sruthi
14-Alexandrite

Not able to start Tomcat

Tomcat is not getting started. When I attempt to start it stops immediately. Here I am attaching the application log file also for reference.

yesterday, I have created some schedulers and based on the scheduler running some services.

created One scheduler(configured every 5 minutes - 0 0/5 * * * ?) to update a property(persisted) value from its present value plus 5 

another scheduler to query named property history of some properties at 2 to 4 pm.

Today my Tomcat is not opening. Is this the cause for the above problem in any ways?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sruthi
14-Alexandrite
(To:Sruthi)

Found the solution. the URL should be like this, 127.0.0.1/Thingworx/Composer

not 127.0.0.1/Thingworx.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Chrischhan
12-Amethyst

if Tomcat isn't starting it is better to review the catalina logfile.

The application.log you provided has no visible error (for me) which indicates why tomcat isn't starting

Sruthi
14-Alexandrite
(To:Chrischhan)

I am not able to find the catalina log file. can you tell me where it resides?

Chrischhan
12-Amethyst

it is in the tomcat folder, subfolder "logs" (like $CATALINA_HOME/logs on *nix systems)

Sruthi
14-Alexandrite

Screenshot (4).png

Screenshot (3).png

  

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Sruthi.

Please attach all current logs in the <tomcat_home>\logs and \ThingworxStorage\logs folder.so we can assess.

Regards.

--Sharon

Sruthi
14-Alexandrite
(To:slangley)

Sharing here the  <tomcat_home>\log

Sruthi
14-Alexandrite
(To:slangley)

sharing here the \ThingworxStorage\logs

Chrischhan
12-Amethyst

The only error i can see atm. is the first line of your catalina log (02-28)

lookup for this error there is a SO page where you can see a possible solution for that.

BUT if tomcat runs the days before, i assume you did not do any modyfications to tomcat.

my next steps where:

- Backup all logfiles (in TWXStorage/logs, Tomcat/logs)

- delete all logfiles (in TWXStorage/logs, Tomcat/logs)

- try to start tomcat and revisit the mentioned logfiles (catalina.out and Application.log) and look if there are any errors. (if there is any Console output to start Tomcat, that would be helpfull as well)

Sruthi
14-Alexandrite

Actually, in configure Tomcat I unchecked the "use default" check box and gave the path for "java virtual Machine". Now my tomcat is running but Thingworx is not opening. It shows 404 error. I have attached all the "TWXStorage/logs" files generated today. Kindly help me with this.

Sruthi
14-Alexandrite

Sharing here the recently updated Application log file

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Sruthi.

It would be a good idea to open a case for this issue so we can take a closer look at your system.  If you can provide your corporate email address and Company name, I will be happy to open the case on your behalf.

Regards.

--Sharon

@Sruthi, based on your ApplicationLog it should work. What URL do you use to open it?

Sruthi
14-Alexandrite
(To:Constantine)

127.0.0.1/Thingworx

Sruthi
14-Alexandrite

Found the solution. the URL should be like this, 127.0.0.1/Thingworx/Composer

not 127.0.0.1/Thingworx.

slangley
23-Emerald II