cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

OPC UA properties in Thingworx Composer

augmentor
12-Amethyst

OPC UA properties in Thingworx Composer

Hi community,

I have an OPC UA server running on my network, which publishes a number every second.

I can see the value with UA Expert after inputting the opc URL.

However when trying to do the same with Thingworx composer, it doesn`t work yet.

Heres my OPC UA Remote Thing configuration: (Picture attached)

All I changed was the ConnectionAdress, the productURI (is there a specific value I have to add?) and I added a property Number, that I want to read the value with. However it doesn`t connect and I can not see the number.

Is there anything else I have to configure or did I do something wrong?

As I said I just had to input the URL to UA Expert and immediatly saw the changing number so I reckon it should be similarily easy with Thingworx Composer.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:augmentor)

Hi @augmentor.

Apologies for the delay.

Did you install the .jar and config.json on the client side (OPC server)?  You may need to check the parameters in the config.json file.  You can find more information on this in the documentation available for this extension on the marketplace.

opcua.PNG

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @augmentor.

Are you using the OPC UA Client from the Marketplace?  Which version of ThingWorx are you running?

We will need to see more of your configuration to provide any guidance.

Regards.

--Sharon

augmentor
12-Amethyst
(To:slangley)

Yes I am using the client you are referring to and the version is ThingWorx 8.2.2-b167.

I used the OPCUAEndpoint template for my Thing and I changed the ConnectionAdress to my opc server adress as well as added an integer property that I want to be changed by the number the server is publishing every second. How would I configure the integer property so that it reads the value?

It seems that the server is not connecting.

I attached two pictures of my thing configuration.

Thanks

augmentor
12-Amethyst

MQTT for example has a Configuration tab in Composer, but OPC UA doesn`t.. So I`m not sure how to configure it except the Connection adress.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @augmentor.

Apologies for the delay.

Did you install the .jar and config.json on the client side (OPC server)?  You may need to check the parameters in the config.json file.  You can find more information on this in the documentation available for this extension on the marketplace.

opcua.PNG

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @augmentor.

If the previous post allowed you to find a solution to your problem, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others experiencing the same issue.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags