cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Organization's branches login

Sri1
13-Aquamarine

Organization's branches login

Hi,

I Have created an organization tree as shown in the attached image.
And also created different groups and assigned it for each branches. Most of the branches have different Homepage, for example here  machines and Line Supervisors both have different Homepages.

My requirement is,
When a user from groups assigned to 'Machines' login, he should see Machines Homepage. The same goes with 'Line Supervisor', when a user from that group login he should be able to see the Line Supervisor login page.

The organization tree only have option to add Home mashup at the 'Company_Name' level and at the individual user level(not to a group). If i am login with url: .../Thingworx/FormLogin/Company_Name . It will show the common home page assigned to 'Company_Name', which is incorrect.

How do i resolve this Problem?  

Thanks,

Sri1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @VaibhavShinde,

The method detailed in the article is a suggestion of how to work around the fact that there is not out-of-the-box functionality to assign a HomeMashup to a User Group. This method indeed requires a "Rediretion Mashup" containing only a Contained Widget. 

The MashupRedirection service need to be called within the RedirectionMashup : the result of the MashupRedirection service is bound to the Name parameter of the Contained Mashup widget.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
c_lowy
16-Pearl
(To:Sri1)

Hi @Sri1,

You can refer to the following article from our Knowledge Base : Set User's Home Mashup based on User Group in ThingWorx Platform.

Hi @c_lowy 

@ above article, When to call the service ? And is it require to create new empty redirector mashup when we have already  a mashup created as home mashup. ?

Thank you 

Okay, i Got it .

But an issue is when i have two users in a group. when i try Login using first user its Login success and getting HomePage , but when i try Login with second user its not getting HomePage.

I know i had given different permissions for both users. but i am unable to trace the issue(what permissions are required?).

in Same service i am using currentSessionInfo function to check user belongs to which group. First user having permission to run currentSessionInfo function but not for second one. Is there any access permission need give for Second user? 

Thanks

Hi @VS_9760165,

This issue is indeed related to permissions, as the user viewing the mashup will need visibility and runtime permissions on the entities which services are called within the mashup. 

Applying this process to your mashups/entities specifically is currently being addressed within a support case.

Hi @VaibhavShinde,

The method detailed in the article is a suggestion of how to work around the fact that there is not out-of-the-box functionality to assign a HomeMashup to a User Group. This method indeed requires a "Rediretion Mashup" containing only a Contained Widget. 

The MashupRedirection service need to be called within the RedirectionMashup : the result of the MashupRedirection service is bound to the Name parameter of the Contained Mashup widget.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Sri1)

Hi @Sri1.

If you feel your issue has been addressed, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same issue.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags