cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Parent Child Relationship of Thing Objects & Show Navigation Tree

Gizem_Turan
8-Gravel

Parent Child Relationship of Thing Objects & Show Navigation Tree

Hello,

I am very new to ThingWorx and want to create a parent-child relationship between my Thing Elements. So that I can let them Show e.g. in a widget which shows them in a structure like a Navigation tree on the left side of a mashup.

The Thing objects should look like as follows and  on "line"-Level I would like to integrate a web Frame to be opened up:

Enterprise

- Site A

- Building A

- Line A

- Building B

- Line B

I have read About the "Tree Grid Advanced"-Widget but could not find out how to implement the structure like described above in my Things or Thing templates.

I hope I can find some help here!

4 REPLIES 4
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:Gizem_Turan)

Did you model this in a Thingworx Network?

Hello PaiChung,

thank you for your answer.

Yes, I have created a Network with this "Thing" items. I checked the Demo of PTC, named "BeanProEspresso" and tried to build my model based on this demo.

I have created a Thing that has a Service called "CreateNetwork", but it did not work 100% like I want it to be displayed as a Network. I did not understood if my objects which I am searching in the "Network-Create"-Service , must be "ThingShapes" or "Things". If this Information is not clear enough I can also share some screenshots and files.

Thank you in Advance!

Regards

Gizem

CharlesJi
14-Alexandrite
(To:Gizem_Turan)

Hello CharlesJi,

thank you for your answer. I will check this documentation, maybe there is something that I missed in my configuration.

I will give you feedback if it has worked.

Thank you!

Regards

Gizem

Top Tags