cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Password protection for sending tag values to Kepware

svisveswaraiya
17-Peridot

Password protection for sending tag values to Kepware

Hi,

Is it possible to set password when Couple of interfaces to send tag values to kepware from UI?

The same must be password protected . We click on it, then a password request pops up and then if password is passed, then gives old value and asks for new value.  If not, says “sorry, you do not have permission to write to Kepware.

Please provide some idea.

Thanks,

Shalini V.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@svisveswaraiya wrote:

Hi,

Is it possible to set password when Couple of interfaces to send tag values to kepware from UI?

The same must be password protected . We click on it, then a password request pops up and then if password is passed, then gives old value and asks for new value.  If not, says “sorry, you do not have permission to write to Kepware.

Thanks,

Shalini V.

Hi Shalini,

There are options in the user manager of the KEPServerEX / ThingWorx industrial Connectivity, it’s not exactly what you’re looking for, but It may be helpful to you. Have a look at page 34 in the server manual.

Also if you would like we could submit a case to the product management team as an enhancement request for some furture release.

Rob Sharp

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

You could probably do that in the UI.

Give the System user permission to read/write the values in Thingworx on the remote properties

have some system to maintain the passwords or user/pass combinations

then provide the necessary logic to bring up the mashup, verify the password and allow the write to happen.

Using the system user will prevent a user to do it themselves directly.

Hi Pai,

Can you please explain your suggestion briefly.

And I tried to write a simple JS when the value of input is true a mashup has to be loaded but in this case am getting mozilla error.

if(fn == 'true')
{

// result: MASHUPNAME
var HomeMashup = Mashups["Navistar_MainScreen"].GetHomeMashup();

}

Please help me to resolve this.

It's a bit difficult to guess exactly what you built and how you are looking to use it.

But let's say you have a mashup with values and a button that is for 'Edit'

When clicking that button, I would fire a service that service will look similar to your example.

I would return the 'Edit Mashup Name' if the User has proper permissions and I would return 'Sorry you don't have permission Mashup Name' if the User does not have the proper permissions.

That is returned by the service to the mashup and is assigned to the Mashup Name of a Navigation Widget (which is set to invisible)

The Service Invoke completed event is bound to the Navigate event of the Widget. Widget is configured to launch the mashup as popup

Also you probably want to use the popup closed event to do a refresh on the main mashup to see the changes take effect.

So the following then happens.

I click the button, the button clicked fires the services, the services returns either mashup name which is assigned to the navigation widget which i activated upon the service complete. Now the returned mashup name launches as a popup.

Once the edit is completed and the popup closes, the mashup data refreshes and shows the latest values.

@svisveswaraiya wrote:

Hi,

Thanks,

Shalini V.

Hi Shalini,

There are options in the user manager of the KEPServerEX / ThingWorx industrial Connectivity, it’s not exactly what you’re looking for, but It may be helpful to you. Have a look at page 34 in the server manual.

Also if you would like we could submit a case to the product management team as an enhancement request for some furture release.

Rob Sharp

mgoel
17-Peridot
(To:rsharp-2)

Hi @svisveswaraiya

Hope you are doing good. Could you please confirm if the issue has been resolved.

If yes, please mark the answer as accept as solution for the future reference. Thank you in advance.

Regards-Mohit Goel

Top Tags