cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Plotting Limit Lines on Chart

Ascherer17
14-Alexandrite

Plotting Limit Lines on Chart

I've plotted data into a Time Series Chart widget.  I need to be able to overlay horizontal lines on the same chart to show limits that the data should be over/under.

Is this possible with the regular time series chart widget or is there an extension widget that can accomplish this?  I'm working with Thingworx 7.1 right now.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As a workaround, you can add two new time series fake data which are the Upper and Lower limits, we already did it:

Captura de pantalla 2017-11-23 09.51.56.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Unfortunately, this is a customization.  You will need to modify the out of the box chart widget to accept the upper and lower x values for your line start/end and then draw those lines on new blank canvas that overlays the chart widget.  Or use a different chart library that offers this functionality, pass in the required data, and let the library handle the rendering.

As a workaround, you can add two new time series fake data which are the Upper and Lower limits, we already did it:

Captura de pantalla 2017-11-23 09.51.56.png

Ascherer17
14-Alexandrite
(To:Ascherer17)

I'll mention what I ended up actually doing in case it helps someone else:

I already had a "helper" Thing created for services I needed to write.  I wrote a simple service to get the first and last entries in my InfoTable (ordered by time stamp) and create a 2 row Info Table containing these times with the same limit Number value.  Plotting this Info Table in a Time Series Chart gives a horizontal line at the y-value limit (as long as you have the Chart type set up for a Line).  I also edited the Styles of the pens to give a dotted or dashed line.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:Ascherer17)

Probably a bit late, but DeriveFields is perfect for creating these additional series.

Announcements

Top Tags