cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Poor Performance of Data Table

PreetiGupta
14-Alexandrite

Poor Performance of Data Table

We have roughly 23000 rows in Thingworx Data table and we have Windchill Change Management Dashboard built based on the data available from the data table.

We are seeing poor performance of mashup loading with just a small set of data. We resized the tomcat JVM and did Postgres performance tuning recommended by PTC. 

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:PreetiGupta)

Datatables can be quite slow unfortunately.

What type of queries are you performing against it?

If it isn't the standard indexes, it isn't as performant, also it is synchronous so multiple calls will also make it slow.

What can be done is to load the full DataTable into memory at ThingStart, basically put it into a non-persistent infotable property.

I would say if you stay under 50K records that should perform well. if under 100K records, you should use a json array into a json property.

Make sure to always update that infotable based on DataTable CRUD events.

Also to use that content for a Find/Search make sure you use the 'Clone' infotable vs. using the property directly as it can affect the content of the property if used directly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:PreetiGupta)

Datatables can be quite slow unfortunately.

What type of queries are you performing against it?

If it isn't the standard indexes, it isn't as performant, also it is synchronous so multiple calls will also make it slow.

What can be done is to load the full DataTable into memory at ThingStart, basically put it into a non-persistent infotable property.

I would say if you stay under 50K records that should perform well. if under 100K records, you should use a json array into a json property.

Make sure to always update that infotable based on DataTable CRUD events.

Also to use that content for a Find/Search make sure you use the 'Clone' infotable vs. using the property directly as it can affect the content of the property if used directly.

PreetiGupta
14-Alexandrite
(To:PaiChung)

We will give it a try. 

Thanks.

Top Tags