cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Positioning tracking mashup

Duartefe
11-Garnet

Positioning tracking mashup

Hi,

I would like to have a image at the background and a pointer in this image showing its positioning which comes from a UWB sensor. Would it be possible?

Thanks!

Felipe Duarte

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @wposner-2,

I was not expecting a code at all. I was expecting ideas. For example, I could make what I need adding the plant as background for my mashup and using a XY Chart hiding the labels and thicks. Using a image as marker a an Infotable with X and Y columns.

That is the type of help I was looking for. For sure, if you could explain how you build your custom widget would also help. But just say, "Yes, I can do that", for me seems more as a advertsement than help.

Anyway, thank you for your help and I am marking this as solved since I could make what I was expecting using OOTB widgets and some criativity.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Duartefe)

Hi @Duartefe.

You said you wanted a background image.  What needs to appear in the foreground?  Can you provide a mock up of what you're talking about?  Please clarify what you mean by "positioning."  Which version of ThingWorx are you running?

Regards.

--Sharon

Hi @slangley,

I will use a UWB to track the physical location for parts in a industrial plant. What I need is, exactly as a map on the background and a pointer showing the latitude and longitude at the map, I would use the plant that I have as background and a image located somewhere according to X and Y position sent from UWB Sensor.

I would like to use 3D plant (X,Y and Z axis) but I know it would not be possible in TWX, so X and Y axis would work fine for now.

Please let me know if you need more details.

Thanks,

Felipe Duarte

wposner-2
12-Amethyst

Yes.  I built exactly this for a real-time location system running in TWX.  I created a widget that loads an image as a background map and receives an infotable of x,y location values along with some other metadata.  You can also specify the image to use as the location marker on the map, along with the scale value.  As the x,y values update, the location marker images update accordingly on the map. 

For fun, I added heat map and historical views so you could see where things were on the map and where they spent the most time.

Unfortunately, I can't share this, but it definitely is doable as a TWX widget.

Nice to hear that you could create this but since you cannot share it does not help at all. Thanks anyway.

Anyone else has any idea that can really help me?

Thanks,

Felipe Duarte

wposner-2
12-Amethyst

Your question was whether it’s possible. I told you it is. Now that everyone here is aware of the type of “help” you really want, I highly doubt you’ll get what you’re looking for.

Don’t expect someone to just give you code for that type of functionality. That’s the kind of code clients have spent tens of thousands of dollars to create

Here’s your last bit of help. Get an older version of ThingWorx (8.2 or earlier) and take a look at the code for the value display widget. Use that as a starting point. Good luck...:

Hi @wposner-2,

I was not expecting a code at all. I was expecting ideas. For example, I could make what I need adding the plant as background for my mashup and using a XY Chart hiding the labels and thicks. Using a image as marker a an Infotable with X and Y columns.

That is the type of help I was looking for. For sure, if you could explain how you build your custom widget would also help. But just say, "Yes, I can do that", for me seems more as a advertsement than help.

Anyway, thank you for your help and I am marking this as solved since I could make what I was expecting using OOTB widgets and some criativity.

Top Tags