cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Problems with Users

Mr_Henry_M
14-Alexandrite

Problems with Users

Hello everyone! I have two problems with users.

First. I'm creating a new user (on behalf of the member of the Administrator user group), but when I'm trying to login, these password and login are perceived as unacceptable.

Second. After setting the permissions (also on behalf of the member of the Administrator user group), that deny to execute services of particular Thing, I don't see any difference in my mashup (the Grid widget, binding to one of the forbidden services, is continuing to display the data).

Permissions.png

What could be the problem in each case?

4 REPLIES 4

You are denying Administrator Runtime all permissions with the given screenshot.

Mr_Henry_M
14-Alexandrite
(To:CarlesColl)

Yes, but in this case it doesn't matter. The most important is that I denied service executing, but the widget in my mashup still displays the data for this user group.

Administrator is the in built user group which by default has access to everything in the composer .Be it any service execute or any design time .What is the use case here you want the admin group to not have access to a particular thing ? What is the purpose of doing this kind of setup ?

Administrators is a system group, and it's permissions are protected.

Please try to change the Administrators group to the User you created in the screenshot and forbid all the Runtime permissions, and test everything again in the mashup. 

Top Tags