cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Properties of the database thing changed even after set into read-only mode (ThingWorx 8.4.4)

johnjosh26
5-Regular Member

Properties of the database thing changed even after set into read-only mode (ThingWorx 8.4.4)

Hi everyone,

I don't know why, but the properties in the database thing (INFOTABLE) are often changed and the values are often duplicated.

The properties have been set into read-only and persistent.

Is there anyone that faces the same problem?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:johnjosh26)

If these are infotable type properties, they may be affected by your services.

If you have services work with InfoTable properties and those properties mustn't be changed, you need to first use 'CloneInfoTable' to clone the content of the property and then use the content.

Any direct sort/filter/search etc. done with the infotable property will affect the property value.

Not sure if that is what you are experiencing.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Can you provide some more information please? Screen shot of before and after?

Also any idea of what services you are running that might affect the Database Thing?

johnjosh26
5-Regular Member
(To:PaiChung)

Hello, sorry for the late reply

I'm sorry, I think I can't give you the actual screenshots, but I think I can "replace" them with excel examples.

I think the only services that affect them are the services with the sort function only.

The values are not changed by the services.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

If these are infotable type properties, they may be affected by your services.

If you have services work with InfoTable properties and those properties mustn't be changed, you need to first use 'CloneInfoTable' to clone the content of the property and then use the content.

Any direct sort/filter/search etc. done with the infotable property will affect the property value.

Not sure if that is what you are experiencing.

johnjosh26
5-Regular Member
(To:PaiChung)

I see.

Will try to use that.

Thanks!

Top Tags