cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Questions about Thingworx platform HA Configuration

yonkim
9-Granite

Questions about Thingworx platform HA Configuration

As shown in this diagram, we want to configure Zookeeper nodes on both Thingworx Servers (Active and Standby) and Database Servers to configure Thingworx HA.

Is this possible?

If it is a bad configuration, how do I change it? We want to configure the physical server to minimize.

5 REPLIES 5
liliu
8-Gravel
(To:yonkim)

Hi Kim,

This structure is not right. Please follow below picture for HA structure. Only ThingWorx server need Zoonkeeper. DB don't need that.

Any further cocnern, please let me know.

BR,

Lily

yonkim
9-Granite
(To:liliu)

Hi Li Li

Thanks for your quick answer.

Currently I don't  need considering HA configuration of DB. However, I need at least three nodes of zookeeper and I want to set up the zookeeper node on  DB Server to physically distribute the ZK node. Is there a problem with this configuration? Customers want to have a minimum number of servers.

Regards

Yongjune.

liliu
8-Gravel
(To:yonkim)

Hi Kim,

ZooKeeper is used to electe new leader. On ThingWorx HA, it was used to elect new ThingWorx server. Usually ZooKeeper's number should be 2n+1, so that it can tolerate n server down. It means if you have 3 ThingWorx servers and with 3 ZooKeepers, you can have one ThingWorx server down without letting end user knowing that. If you only have 2 ThingWorx servers and 2 Zookeeper's, the election  function is meaningless.

Although there is no offical article said we have to set up 3 ThingWorx servers for HA, it seems the minimum number of ThingWorx server should be 3.

Best Regards,

Lily

tcoufal
12-Amethyst
(To:liliu)

Hi,

I am currently dealing with the same thing. The customer wants to have platform itself (Thingworx, Tomcat servers) to be in HA. Could you point me to some relevant documentation about that? The current version of TW platform is needed, the plan is to deploy TW Manufacturing Apps as well. Could that be done?

tcoufal
12-Amethyst
(To:tcoufal)

Ok, I have found it. It is part of the TW 8 HA document. Prior to version 7.4 it was present I think. 

Top Tags