cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Audit Log for Session Timeout?

TanmeyTWX
17-Peridot

Audit Log for Session Timeout?

Hi @slangley 

Any idea if Thingworx latest version has introduced session timeout logs?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:TanmeyTWX)

Hi @TanmeyTWX.

In the most recent releases of 9.3, the ability to log session timeout messages was added by turning on Auditing in ThingWorx.  Unfortunately, it's not capturing the userID in the message, so not sure how helpful it will be for you.  It also doesn't capture the time of the actual session expiration.  Instead, it captures the time the user logged back in following an expired session.  There is already a request for this on the ThingWorx Ideas board.  I recommend voting for the idea and providing specifics around your needs in a comment.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:TanmeyTWX)

Hi @TanmeyTWX.

In the most recent releases of 9.3, the ability to log session timeout messages was added by turning on Auditing in ThingWorx.  Unfortunately, it's not capturing the userID in the message, so not sure how helpful it will be for you.  It also doesn't capture the time of the actual session expiration.  Instead, it captures the time the user logged back in following an expired session.  There is already a request for this on the ThingWorx Ideas board.  I recommend voting for the idea and providing specifics around your needs in a comment.

Regards.

--Sharon

Hi @slangley 

Audit logs are not useful unfortunately. I have posted this requirement in the ideas community for now. Will wait for its implementation in the following upgrades.

Top Tags