cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Reading excel tabs in thingworx

sbt
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine

Reading excel tabs in thingworx

Hello ,

We can read the csv file from the thingworx csv extension. Is there a possibility to read the excel having multiple tabs by specifying the sheet name or something..?  .

What is the best way to read excel with multiple tabs.

Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:sbt)

DPM is the new Digital Performance Management solution PTC has released.

ThingWorx Applications is actually a set of apps RTPPM (Real Time Production Performance Management), AMU (Asset Monitoring and Utilization) and CWC (Connected Work Cell) also a solution PTC has released

It isn't in the manufacturing apps which you are referring to

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

It can be done with the proper java extension but I don't think one is officially available?

I think if you install something like ThingWorx Apps or DPM they have an extension included to read Excel files.

I think Manufacturing apps only does CSV not excel.

sbt
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine
(To:PaiChung)

When you say thingworx app, is that "ThingWorx-Utilities-Core"/"ThingWorx-Utilities-Software-Content-Management" which is part of thingworx foundation..?

DPM stands for..??

Thanks for the response!!

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

DPM is the new Digital Performance Management solution PTC has released.

ThingWorx Applications is actually a set of apps RTPPM (Real Time Production Performance Management), AMU (Asset Monitoring and Utilization) and CWC (Connected Work Cell) also a solution PTC has released

It isn't in the manufacturing apps which you are referring to

sbt
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine
(To:PaiChung)

Sorry!! i am not sure i am looking at right place for the download. Is it possible for you to send a link or the screen capture of the installable which you are talking about.

Thanks for all your support.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @sbt.

You can find more information on DPM here.  It's my understanding that DPM is releasing next month, but I'm trying to verify the date.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @sbt.

My apologies. I discovered that DPM is available.  It requires a paid subscription and is available for distribution through Solution Central.

Regards.

--Sharon

geva
14-Alexandrite

Hello @sbt - Although it requires Excel Online (ie: Office 365 online version), ThingWorx Flow has a connector which allows triggering workflows off of and integrating through Excel files.  

https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/platform/r9/en/index.html#page/ThingWorx/Help/Integration_Orchestration/ExcelOnline/ExcelOnlineConnector.html

Top Tags