cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Repeater for checklist

Szennaik
7-Bedrock

Repeater for checklist

Hi All,

I would like to ask about Collection (or repeater) widget. I want to do a checklist with questions and answers. I created a database what contains the questions,at the moment I have 11. 

After that I created a mashup what displays all of questions. The mashup contains 2 labels and 1 radio button .

I want to display all questions ,radio buttons, and I want to store the answers according to question numbers.

I tried to display all questions, but it display only the first row

How can I solve this problem, and how can I collect the answers? Can this be done with a repeater or collection widget?

I tried it with grid, but I read on forum, I can not embed widgets within the cells.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi, I believe it can be done with Collection widget (we are not recommending Repeater as is deprecated). Please follow this article to start with Collection widget: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS282939

Hope it helps,

Raluca Edu

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi, I believe it can be done with Collection widget (we are not recommending Repeater as is deprecated). Please follow this article to start with Collection widget: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS282939

Hope it helps,

Raluca Edu

eribbeck
6-Contributor
(To:Szennaik)

can you share the mashup property bindings you are using to pass down to the repeated mashup for the collection widget? and which is specified as the UID?

On your question on how to store the answer: you may need to run a service (maybe just UpdateQuestionDB or similar) that executes based on the user selecting one of the radio buttons that will read in the UID for that question and selected answer, then update the table.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Szennaik)

Hi @Szennaik.

If one of the previous responses answered your question, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.  If you have found your own solution, please feel free to post it here and mark that as the Accepted Solution.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags