cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Resetting a ThingWorx Server to Factory Default

CC_10418217
3-Visitor

Resetting a ThingWorx Server to Factory Default

Currently I have a Thingworx Platform installed and licensed on a server. I need to reset the server to factory default (reinstall the OS etc) , all data will be cleared. After that I will need to reinstall the Thingworx and get it licensed again. Am I supposed to remove the currently activated license first before proceed to reset the server? Is there any guide which I can refer to? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:CC_10418217)

Hi @CC_10418217 

The license for each ThingWorx server is unique as it's tied to the Device ID.  Therefore, there is nothing needing to be done with the original license file when building a replacement server.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DanZ
15-Moonstone

To my knowledge, there is no way to deactivate the license. It expires automatically after x days if not renewed in any way.
After you have restarted your server, you can request your license in the usual way via your PTC account (online scenario) or via the newly generated device ID (offline scenario).

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @CC_10418217 

The license for each ThingWorx server is unique as it's tied to the Device ID.  Therefore, there is nothing needing to be done with the original license file when building a replacement server.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags