cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Restrict user to access dashboards

MM_9023322
14-Alexandrite

Restrict user to access dashboards

Hi everyone,

There is a requirement where I want to restrict the user to access the dashboards. I have one common project, and 2 dashboards. Now I want User 1 to access 1 dashboard, user 2 access dashboard 2, for that I created an organization, user and gave the permission for the particular entities and it's working fine now. There is one such dashboard where we are segregating it through thingname, say thing1 and thing2. This thing1 and thing2 mapping is done one single dashboard, how I can give restriction for user 1 and user 2 on the single dashboard.

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:MM_9023322)

By applying that same Organization/Visibility security to the Things, the 'generic' services they use to pull information will only pull it for the things they have visibility to.

Not sure if you've tried that already and if that isn't working the way it should for you.

MM_9023322
14-Alexandrite
(To:PaiChung)

HI @PaiChung, thank you for your response, I followed the steps you suggested, and it worked for me, but now I am in a situation where I have a single dashboard representing 5 Things data, and I have 5 users and these 5 users should be accessing single Thing data only, to achieve this I need to create 5 organizations and give then visibility permissions accordingly. But in the future, I can have many such things and many users, how to handle such situations, and what can be the easiest way to control the access. 

Thank you!

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

It may only need 1 organization with sub organizations.

Usually when these situations arise, we'll create services to help with user creation and their assignment to Org Nodes, User Groups and their entities.

MM_9023322
14-Alexandrite
(To:PaiChung)

Hi @PaiChung, can you please explain to me with an example, I am not able to understand the process which you suggested.

Thank you

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @MM_9023322

To expand on Pai's suggestion, you can start by reviewing the information you can find in your ThingWorx instance here:  

hostname:port/Thingworx/Organizations/Composer/ServiceDefinitions/

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags