cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Rotate labels for x axis in bar chart thingworx 9.1

VaibhavShinde
16-Pearl

Rotate labels for x axis in bar chart thingworx 9.1

Hi,

I am looking to make x -axis labels in bar chart as horizontal,  by default its showing vertical as shown below attached snap.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There is no property in the chart to rotate it, there is a reason behind it. As you have timestamp on x axis which is basically yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss. As your points on x axis will increase and if you have many data points then it will be difficult to read it as this timestamp will collide with each other. Having said that, you can click on any timestamp point and it will show you the value even you can navigate to other points through keyboard only. Still if you want to see the timestamp horizontally then better you add a horizonatalsliderzoom from the chart property, using this if you move the slider to the left and as soon as your data points can adjust properly it will come horizontally just like below:

mnarang_0-1620305146293.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @VaibhavShinde 

Thank for reaching out to us. Can you check chart type under properties. It is column chart or bar chart. I believe by setting this you can align you chart vertically and horizontally respectively. Do let me know for further question.

Regards,

Mohit 

Hi @mgoel ,

Thanks for reply , but i think you didn't get my requirement. i want only to rotate the time which you see at x-axis .

i want each time text horizontally.

thanks

@VaibhavShinde 

Ok, is it possible to attach your entities export here. I can give it a try at my end and check it if it works or not.

Regards,

Mohit

There is no property in the chart to rotate it, there is a reason behind it. As you have timestamp on x axis which is basically yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss. As your points on x axis will increase and if you have many data points then it will be difficult to read it as this timestamp will collide with each other. Having said that, you can click on any timestamp point and it will show you the value even you can navigate to other points through keyboard only. Still if you want to see the timestamp horizontally then better you add a horizonatalsliderzoom from the chart property, using this if you move the slider to the left and as soon as your data points can adjust properly it will come horizontally just like below:

mnarang_0-1620305146293.png

Hi @VaibhavShinde.

If you feel your question has been answered, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags