cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Running WS EMS as a Daemon (Linux)

mell
3-Visitor

Running WS EMS as a Daemon (Linux)

Hi everyone! 

I'm trying to install WS EMS and LSR as a daemon on linux according to this tutorial http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_edge/index.html#page/latest/ws_ems/c_ems_wsems_installing_distribution_running.html

Probably a am an idiot but i still cannot understand what should i tell to command line?

Could somebody type me a simple command that i can copy and paste? 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

Please let me know if you have done the following steps:

cd \microserver\etc

mv config.json.minimal config.json

The config.json contains the minimum set of configuration settings required to connect to a ThingWorx platform instance.

To connect to a ThingWorx platform instance, you must configure the ws_servers group in the configuration file. This group contains the properties that define the connection between the WS EMS and a ThingWorx platform instance. You need to provide an IP address or host name and port for one instance of ThingWorx platform.
You must have the following defined in the config.json (example only):

{
 "ws_servers": [{
   "host": "localhost",
   "port": 443
  }],
 "appKey": "e34dbaf2-0984-4bfb-9a6c-4cbc57953333"
}

For the "host" property, replace "localhost" with the URL of your ThingWorx platform instance. For the "port" property, enter the number of the port on the host to use for the connection. If the connection is to be secure, use port 443. Use your own appKey defined in ThingWorx.

Let me know how it goes,

Ciprian

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello,

Please let me know if you have done the following steps:

cd \microserver\etc

mv config.json.minimal config.json

The config.json contains the minimum set of configuration settings required to connect to a ThingWorx platform instance.

To connect to a ThingWorx platform instance, you must configure the ws_servers group in the configuration file. This group contains the properties that define the connection between the WS EMS and a ThingWorx platform instance. You need to provide an IP address or host name and port for one instance of ThingWorx platform.
You must have the following defined in the config.json (example only):

{
 "ws_servers": [{
   "host": "localhost",
   "port": 443
  }],
 "appKey": "e34dbaf2-0984-4bfb-9a6c-4cbc57953333"
}

For the "host" property, replace "localhost" with the URL of your ThingWorx platform instance. For the "port" property, enter the number of the port on the host to use for the connection. If the connection is to be secure, use port 443. Use your own appKey defined in ThingWorx.

Let me know how it goes,

Ciprian

@mell

Hope you are doing good. Could you please confirm if the issue has been resolved.

If yes, please mark the answer as accept as solution for the future reference. Thank you in advance.

Regards-Mohit Goel

Top Tags