cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

SSO Configuration: Symmetric Folder and Keyczar

Ascherer17
14-Alexandrite

SSO Configuration: Symmetric Folder and Keyczar

We are working on configuring SSO for our ThingWorx 9.0 deployment and are following the steps in the online documentation.  I've successfully configured SSO for earlier versions of ThingWorx (8.x), but I've never quite understood what is going on in this step, "Create the symmetric Folder":

https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/platform/r9/en/index.html#page/ThingWorx%2FHelp%2FComposer%2FSecurity%2FSSO%2FCreateSymmetricFolder.html%23 

- Is this "metafile" we create in the ssoSecurityConfig directory supposed to have a specific name? 
- Are we supposed to use the "Keyczar" tool to do something?  

- Does the 'keyczarKeyFolderPath' parameter in 'sso-settings.json' need to be set to the directory (...\ssoSecurityConfig\symmetric) or is it supposed to be set to the actual "metafile" (...\symmetric\mymeta.file)?
- Should I worry about this step if we're not using OAuth tokens?

The steps aren't entirely clear.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @Ascherer17 

As you know, a case was opened for this issue and as a result, the ThingWorx Help Center has now been updated with more detailed information to answer all of your questions.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Ascherer17)

Hi @Ascherer17 

These are all good questions.  I am following up to get some answers and also get the Help Center documentation updated.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @Ascherer17 

As you know, a case was opened for this issue and as a result, the ThingWorx Help Center has now been updated with more detailed information to answer all of your questions.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags