cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Scheduler adjustment for daylight saving

steve237
12-Amethyst

Scheduler adjustment for daylight saving

We are in the process of starting up a new instance of thingworx version 9.2.0.  I need a scheduler to execute at 5am local time (eastern), so the CRON string is set to 9AM UTC.

steve237_0-1630597784492.png

However, when daylight saving time ends, do I have to manually change the CRON string to 10AM UTC so that it will still execute at 5am local time?  (During the install I set tomcat time zone to UTC as suggested in the install instructions.)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Since UTC does not observe DST, that is correct, you'd need to modify it manually.

You can also modify the scheduler to fire hourly and manually compute in code the DST hour, and execute it only if it's 5 AM...It's manual code, but still, stops you manually modifying the scheduler itself each DST change

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Since UTC does not observe DST, that is correct, you'd need to modify it manually.

You can also modify the scheduler to fire hourly and manually compute in code the DST hour, and execute it only if it's 5 AM...It's manual code, but still, stops you manually modifying the scheduler itself each DST change

That's a great idea, I wish I'd thought of that!

Thanks for the help, Vladimir

Top Tags